CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Gracie Mei

Well she is what is happening in my world. As I walk by her photo laying on my table, I wonder what she is doing. Is she thinking of me? Does she know I am longing to hold her and kiss her and provide for her every need? I love her already even though thousands of miles seperate us and we have never met. I look at the photo and cherish her dark eyes and dark hair. I wonder what her birth parents look like and whether they still think about her. I hope they know she will be loved and taken care of for the rest of her life. I wish I could fly today to pick her up. But February is when I will go. It will be the perfect time which God has set for us to go.
She is actually from the Chongqing region, which use to be part of the Sichuan province. Sichuan has more than 100 million (yes, million) people living in a land area of 185,000 square miles. That seems like a lot of people living there. I guess I won't be alone. The province is in the southwest part of China. It sounds beautiful. I am looking forward to seeing it. We will fly into Beijing & then fly to Chongqing to get her. People have told me to make sure I go to the Panda Preserve. So that will be interesting to see. Then we will travel to Guangzhou to legally adopt her and then we will be home.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so this almost made me cry! I'm so excited for you, Shawna, and can't wait to meet your new little one. Praise the Lord! February cannot come soon enough!