CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 12, 2005

Accepted Gracie

Well I went and mailed off our acceptance letter today. We had to tell China we would accept Gracie. I guess sometimes people don't accept the child that is sent to them. I can't imagine going through all this and saying no to a child. I found out what her given name means. Jiang means river, Mei means plum blossom and Shui means water. Her name is pronounced geeang may shoeway. We are going to call her Gracie Mei (pronounced may). Her health report seems to be normal. Her report is mostly in Chinese and our agency is translating it for us. But it also stated she weighs 7 kg which is 15.4 pounds, and is 65cm which is 25.5 inches. She holds her head up while lying on her stomach, rolls from supine to prone position by herself, locates the direction of sound/voice, visually follows moving toys, follows you with moving head from one side to the other, laughs aloud, active, fond of playing with toys, closest to her caretaker which is good because she may not have attachment issues. From her photos she is eating and gaining some weight. So that is a blessing. I just can't wait to kiss those cheeks. I am amazed how beautiful she is and how attached I am already to her. Our travel date to get her is mid to late Feb. I'll let you know as soon as I found out the exact date. Thank you for your prayers. Getting her picture and medical report has made all this waiting worth it.

0 comments: