CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy 2008

I don't make New Year's resolutions. I have a hard time keeping them. By mid Jan they are usually already broken. I am going to try and do better at some things. So maybe over time these will be accomplished.
As Shane & I were driving home from Gardiner on New Year's Day, the mountains were breathtaking. We couldn't believe the blue sky & new snow capped mountains. WOW! I wonder how anyone could take this for granted. The beauty around us. I have lived a lot of places but still think Montana is so majestic. God created this beauty for us to enjoy. So let's enjoy it instead of just rushing around not noticing our surroundings. We were also able to drive to Cooke City. The buffalo, elk, wolves, coyotes, bald eagles we saw. Where else can you see all of that in a 4 hour drive? And the snow on the evergreens....a winter wonderland. I too can't wait for the camping & fishing to begin! Kudos to Jenn & Ang for the countdowns.
I am searching for somewhere where I can contribute to society. I am not sure what this will be but I am going to be on the hunt to help somewhere where there is a need. I am not sure if this will be working with children, helping women in some sort of way or volunteering. I just feel so blessed as what I have and want to give something back to society.
I want to spend more time with friends. I want to be better at calling friends, checking up on family & friends. I don't feel like I let them know how much they are appreciated in my life. I am thankful for every family member & friend I have. They are the best ever!
I am excited to purchase my first home, a condo & hope to enjoy it even more with family & friends.
I want a more healthy lifestyle. I miss exercising so I am hoping to start walking again, joining a gym or have some sort of routine to get me healthy again. I know I can do better than I have been doing in 2007.
I hope you have a great 2008!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you are super inspiring!!! You do let your friends know you love and appreciate them!!!


Have a great 2008!!

I would love to visit MT in 2008!!! I will work on it!!

Angie said...

Loving the pic of you and your goofy bro! Your blog is awesome and inspiring. I completely agree with you, MT is a spectacular place to live! Can't wait for Sunday! See you then.

Shannon said...

I want to volunteer on a Habitat House this year and I would LOVE all the WILMA's to work on the women's only house that they build with only women working on it!

excellent blog, sorry I have been so bad about reading blogs, need to have more time!