CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 05, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Sorry for not posting pictures from last weekend. Shane got his elk! WOO HOO! A nice 5x5 bull elk. He was so excited. I don't think as excited as TJ was! So we are heading back out this weekend since they extended the season for another month. So Shane has one more tag to fill and I am still at ZERO so I hope to fill 2. So hopefully we will have plenty of elk to share.

I am going to finish my Christmas cards today and get them mailed out. WOO HOO! I am also done with my Christmas shopping. I am so excited about that because I hate fighting people in the stores. It is such a crazy time to shop and I am not much of a shopper. I love to find a good bargain but just to go shopping...it just isn't for me. I need to get cracking on my Christmas baking. I love to bake. I baked some easy cheesecakes this week for a dessert auction. They were easy and quite tasty. So now I need to make Rosettes which I love to make & they are so good. They kind of taste like a funnel cake but they take forever to make. I may also make Ritz filled with peanut butter & dipped in chocolate. I am also going to make some toffee cookies for a work cookie exchange. So that may be all I make. I'll see how much time I have. Next weekend is Polar Express. The following weekend is Wilma party & work party. And then it's CHRISTMAS! I guess I should decorate a little in my house. I did get my decorations out since we are decorating our doors at work for a contest and needed some ideas and/or decorations.
So I hope you are having a good time getting ready for Christmas. I know I am. 
And how cool is it that the Capitol Christmas tree came from Montana?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I am not that on schedule with my Christmas stuff. I am doing pretty good!

Love and Miss you!!!
Wish we were going to MT for a white Christmas.

Anonymous said...

sister...I can live my whole life without ever seeing pictures of "the hunt..." It's kind of like McDonalds...I want to eat the cheeseburger...I just don't want to see the cow died up out back before placing my order :-)
Love you!

stella g. said...

geez, you're a cooking fool! and maybe a hunting fool... how are those elk doing? scared yet?