CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day

Today means so much to so many. I am proud of all who have served, are serving and will serve in our armed forces. When I hear the National Anthem played it is a different feeling now since I have a loved one serving. It really makes me appreciate what they all are doing and for the sacrafices they and their family is making. I thank God for the families allowing them to serve for MY freedom. Thank you! You aren't going unappreciated. I am deeply moved to think of all who have sacrificed their lives for this wonderful nation. To pay the ultimate sacrafice is so honorable. I want to especially thank them and their families for their sacrifice. May we never forget what they did for us.
Yesterday I had a great time at our church picnic. We ate some great food and had a great time visiting. The "older" folks beat the youth in a game of softball. I thought I would be sore (yes I am now part of the older team) and yet I was able to get out of bed. Guess taking Simba for walks has paid off. Today I am going to see Madagascar with a friend and her 2 children. That should be fun. A friend of ours, Dale just left. He helped me move some furniture so Gracie's room is almost complete. I need to purchase a dressor and bookshelf and get them stained. I am getting them from an unfinished furniture store. I am still searching for linens and a quilt for the crib. Ladybugs are kind of hard to find. I have found some cute accessories for her room with ladybugs so I may just get yellow linens. I am still trying to finish a wall hanging quilt that I started while in Texas.
Well I hope you have a great day, hopefully spent with family and friends. Take care and please keep all our troops and their families in your prayers.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have any idea how much we miss you?

Steve and Cassandra